LA CAVAYERE LAKE
THE BEACH JUST A STONE’S THROW FROM THE TOWN!
3 sandy and pebble beaches with lifeguard
La Cavayere lake is a veritable haven of rest, fresh air and outdoor pleasures, right on the doorstep of Carcassonne. An ideal spot for rambling and relaxing located 10-minute drive from the town.
The lake lies in a beautiful setting where peace and serenity reigns in the midst of a preserved natural environment.
- Swimming : sandy and pebble beaches with lifeguard in the summer (from 1pm to 7pm)
- Activities : water games, pedalos, ski lift, paddle, mini golf, acrobatic forest trail…
- Rambling : walking or cycling tour around the lake ( 5km – 1 hour for walkers ).Paths ( GR 36)
- Free car park. Picnic area.
Access from the town centre
- By car : in the direction of Narbonne.On the outskirts of Carcassonne, turn right in the direction of ‘Le Lac de la Cavayère’, Montlegun
- By Bus : Line n°1 from Monday to Saturday – Agglo’bus : +33 (0)4 68 47 82 22 www.carcassonne-agglo.fr
- By bike or on foot : Follow the white and red signposted path (GR36) from the Medieval town