LE JARDIN DU CALVAIRE

LE JARDIN DU CALVAIRE

Park and garden in Carcassonne
  • It was in 1825 that a Calvary society was formed, whose director was Chanoine Cazaintre (his tomb is in the garden), vicar general, with the aim of erecting a particular chapel. The association decides to carry out the same year a calvary on the bastion "des Moulins", at the southwest corner of the Bastide. Snail-shaped garden bordered by low walls, clumps of boxwood, old cypress, olive trees and fragrant laurels. Small haven of peace located near the Saint Michel cathedral.
  • Rates
  • Free